This Correction Services Learnership will give you the opportunity to learn the skills and gain the knowledge, acceptable workplace behavior, and attitude that is required in the correctional services. Learners will earn a stipend of R8 500 per month for the duration of the learnership.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in possession of a Standard 10/Grade 12 Certificate; or
- Be in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate NQF (Level 4); or
- Have successfully completed the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4)
- You must be between the ages of 21 and 35 years
- Applicants must not have a criminal record (if you have a criminal case pending against you, you must provide all the details when applying.)
- You need to have a strong character
Preference will be given to applicants who have additional qualifications such as a Trade or Occupational-based Certificate, Diploma, or Degree related to Security/Corrections.
Any such additional qualifications will not be considered in the payment of the stipend paid to learners during the learnership or for further salary/wage purposes.
How to Apply for the DCS Learnerships?
In order to apply for the FET Certificate in Corrections Services Learnership, you must complete an application form in your own handwriting.
How to get the Correctional Services Forms?
- You can get the Application for Admission to a Learnership in DCS form from any Correctional Services Office, or you can download it from the Department of Correctional Services website.
- The e-DCS website is www.dcs.gov.za under the Forms Tab
- Once you access the website, look at the top or bottom for the link that says “Forms” and click on it. Then click on the Internship/Learnership Application Forms link.
- Click on the Learnership Application Form link and the form will automatically download to your computer
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. DCS Corrections Service Learnership: Gauteng Region: Leeuwkop (Ref GP02)
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)