The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is in inviting unemployed Job Seekers throughout the provinces to apply for our internship programme. The following positions are available at the EC regional office in East London.
- Assist people with grants
- Information Technology (Ref: SAS In / 01)
- Human Capital Management: Human Resources Management / Public Administration (Ref: SAS In / 02)
- Grants Administration: Social Science / Public Administration (Ref: SAS In / 03)
● Between the ages of 18-35 years and be a South African citizen.
● Students who need Experiential Training.
● Studied at a recognised institution of higher learning in the Republic of South Africa. Successful candidates will be appointed on a 12-month internship contract. An all-inclusive monthly stipend will be paid of R4 200 for a National Diploma and R5 300 for a Bachelor’s degree.
● Appointment will be subject to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of qualification, references, lTC, criminal checks and compulsory competency assessment (where necessary)
● It is our intention to promote representivity in terms of race, gender, disability and youth through the filling of these posts and candidates whose appointments will promote representivity will receive preference
● It is the applicant ‘s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) prior to the selection process
● SASSA is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
Failure to comply with the above will automatically disqualify candidates.
Please note: All SASSA staff are subject to compulsory security vetting on appointment. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
How To Apply
Persons interested in applying for the above internship programme must send their application form with motivation for placement, CV, recently certified copies of qualifications, academic transcript and ID (including a signed Z83), quoting the reference number, to:
Private Bag XQ001, East London 3200
Coiner Merino and Fitzpatrick Road Quigney,
East London 5201.